Sunday, October 7, 2012

It Has Been Way Too Long!

  Can you believe it has been a more than a month since my last post?! I can't believe it! But then I think about all the changes that have happened in my county and I quickly realize where the time has gone. We have changed soooooooooooo much.

 Full Common Core integration, the grading scale, and an online grading book are just a few changes. The most difficult change is the fact that we have not received new materials for our core subjects. I hope you can imagine all the extra time and work myself and my fellow teachers have to put in to develop activities and materials that have the rigor of Common Core. So I am sorry for neglecting the blog world but my kiddos come first. I have had to learn to negate my time more wisely than ever before.

Onto a much brighter subject, I did find time to create this freebie! In two weeks our school will be focusing on our yearly anti-drug campaign. Our theme this year is fall so we will have lots of pumpkins, scarecrows, and other symbols of autumn without the scariness of the typical Halloween decorations. For the door decoration competition I designed this writing for my kiddos to do. They have to write about how they won't "fall" for drugs! Click here for the writing!

 Click on the scarecrow for the brainstorming sheet!

I  made the brainstorm sheet to use in whole group discussion. I plan on using it to write down the kid's ideas on how they won't fall for drugs. It also has an area to include words that they might need help spelling.


*The clipart is from Scrapp'n Doodles, the font is from DaFont.com, and I can't remember where the border is from but when I find out I will post it! *

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you as well for the Liebster. Stop by my blog to check it out!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)