Sunday, July 29, 2012

Getting Pumped to Go Back! *gasp!*

    Whoa! I feel like it was just yesterday when I last posted. Time is flying by and I have to admit I am getting very excited to get back in the classroom * gasp*!  I have been planning with my neighboring teacher all summer on the Daily 5, Common Core, Whole Brain Teaching, and other teacher topics since the last day of school. Every time we talk I get pumped to set the classroom up, meet the kiddos, and get this party started. And yes, it is a party in my classroom. Who has a light up disco ball?? I do!! Who has mini dance parties to celebrate our classroom successes?? I do!! Learning is a celebration! 


   Back to getting ready... I was so lucky to be able to go back into my classroom last Thursday. It was such a relief to move all the furniture back into place (with the help of our school's amazing janitorial staff)! I had a plethora a of new teaching supplies to drop off. My car looked like Mary Poppins' never-ending purse! Bag after bag after bag.


 It doesn't help that I just made another trip to the Dollar Area of my Super Target. Can I get a whoop-whoop for the amazing stuff they have there? I swear they are in tune with my addiction for baskets and knick knacks. I have seen some amazing things you all are doing with your Target treasures. I need to pick up on some of that creativeness! :)


Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed their summer! I know that time will fly even faster once school starts and it will be Winter Break before you know it!


QUESTIONS FOR THE  TEACHER BLOGGING WORLD!!


1. Do you send out postcards to your students before Meet the Teacher? If so, what kind of information do you put on there?


2. What is your favorite way to incorporate your best Target treasures into your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)