Sunday, August 5, 2012

My First Freebie: Bump It!

Here is my first freebie! I am feeling slightly nervous because it my first product ever and it took me a while. Again, this blog is a learning curve with Word Publisher, finding clipart, and spending time patiently creating my ideas. My hope is that other teachers can use it to engage their student in successful learning.

                    Bump It! A Math Game Using Addiction Fact to 12 



Ahem, as you can tell I am a wee bit excited. Directions are on the second page but scroll down to find more detailed instructions.

***  If you do pick up "Bump It!" I would love it if you left me a comment on what kinds of games or products you would like to find more of! Pretty please? :)  ***


Directions: The directions are kind of long so here goes nothing. I suggest two to four students play per board. Every student has two die or one dice in dice and their own color of snap cubes. (That is a mouth full!) They take turns rolling their die or dice and add the two numbers to find a total. Students will place one cube or place holder on the number it totals, such as 5 or 10. The next student takes their turn. If their total is the same as a space that already has one place holder on it, they get to bump it off! BUT, if a student gets the same total without anyone bumping off their first place holder they now have two cubes on one number, meaning they own it and no one can bump them off of it. Okay, let that sink in for a minute. :/

Example:

Student 1: Rolls 4+5=9, places a cube on the 9 space
Student 2: Rolls 3+3=6, places a cube on the 6 space
Student 3: Rolls 3+6= 9, they get to bump off Student 1's cube

Later in the game: Student 3 rolls a 9 again and no one else has bumped them off, so they now have two cubes on the 9 space. Student 3 owns it. If other students roll their die and total 9 they need to roll again.

I am really not good at explaining this but hopefully it makes sense. My students in summer school LOVED this game and it reinforced their addition facts to 12!


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it, but google docs says I don't have permission to view it. I'll check back in a bit! It looks like it will be a fun game for my firsties. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I fixed the little problem! Turns out I forgot to hit the share it button. :) Hopefully it works for you next time!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lindsey,
    Thank you for this great download! I’m one of your new followers. I am also a Newbie Blogger (1st grade), so I appreciate all of the sharing of advice and ideas. Come on over for a visit sometime.
    Corinna :)
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! Love your freebie! The monsters are just adorable! I'm your newest follower!
    Patti
    Primary Pizzazz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)